Weird sore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am a bit concerned because my beardie suddenly jerked in a spastic way, almost like someone who just woke up from a bad dream, and puffed up her beard. So I went in and picked her up and noticed her vent wasn't tucked in all the way and there was some shed that seemed to be causing the problem. so I peeled it off and it seemed to tuck in again but it seemed rather raw and there was even a little blood. now I'm no amateur and I know that the shed was good and ready to come off so that couldn't be why, and it probably wasn't even from there but just got stuck there because I also noticed she had just gone to the bathroom not too long ago. so I cleaned up the waste and got her out and here I am. Should I be concerned or take her to the vet? I'm especially worried that waste got into the wound or sore or whatever and it seems to be causing her pain. any help would be appreciated.

here is an image I know it's a bit blurry but I hope the description I wrote helps.
111098-3937459374.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would try to keep it clean. Maybe apply some plain neosporin to help it heal and prevent infection. It will likely be OK if the skin went back into place and you don't start to see swelling or bleeding. If you do see any swelling or bleeding, or if the skin comes back out (prolapse), then I advise visiting a vet. They can help to prevent infection and if needed they can put in some stitches to help keep everything in place until it heals.

I advise a diet of soft foods for the time being. Things like squash and soft bugs like black soldier fly larvae, horn worms, or silk worms. Also offer plenty of water to help keep her hydrated. Just drip some on her nose so she can lick it up if she is thirsty. This will help prevent strain when she poops again.

kevv135135

Original Poster
Thank you. she seems to be doing just fine now and I was also recommended that I give her a few drops of olive oil if she seems constipated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That and some canned pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce or baby food prunes -- those are natural laxatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom