no bowl movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nulltheedragon

I just come home from a trip across the country and my parents have taken care of my beardie, i have been gone for about a month and my beardie hasn’t had a bowl movement at all since i have been gone. I have given her warm baths to see if that would help but no it hasn’t. After the bath i give her stomach a massage for 30 minutes and she still hasn’t pooped. i’m definitely worried because she usually has a bowel movement 2 times a week. i don’t have enough money to take her to the vet this month because covid stuff. If you could please help that would be greatly appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temps and UVB are the key to good pooping --- among other things -- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stickons please -- digital probe thermometer -- UVB NO coils please --- once we get the lighting figured out that will help --- you can try getting some canned pumpkin unsweetened applesauce or baby prunes all natural laxatives--- feed till she poops --- make sure shes hydrated -- that will help --- but please post what your using for lighting ---

Nulltheedragon

Original Poster
i don’t remember what watt bulb she has for basking but the temps are around 100 i used a digital probe and a temp gun and for uvb she has a t5 Ho 8.0 uvb 22 inch

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is the basking decor a hammock? The T 5 is a 10.0 bulb? or a 5.0 bulb? Where in the tank is it and how old is it?

Nulltheedragon

Original Poster
She uses a baked drift wood for basking. We custom built the cage out of a old dresser so i don’t know the age but we built it around 3 months ago.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So the UVB is about 3 months old?? Its inside the enclosure --- what distance do you have it at --- for a T 5 10.0 it should be 12-15 inches directly above basking decor -- for a 5.0 bulb 6-8 inches directly above the decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom