My Bearded Dragon is not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborgblowfish

Hi!
So I have had my beardie for two weeks today. The first few days I did handle him quite a bit, not realizing this could be an issue. Anyways, he developed stress marks and darker colors around a week ago and they haven't gone away. He barely eats anything, and he hasn't eaten any dubias in a few days, only some collard greens. Should I be getting concerned, or is this relocation stress? Side note, I am using a loose substrate (Bio Dude Terra Sahara), but it seems like it would take longer for any impaction to develop, and I always feed him in a dish with no loose particles in it.
Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lighting the in tank is key here --- basking temps and what are they ? How are you taking them NO stick ons --- digital probe thermometer please--- and UVB ? I am assuming your NOT using a coil? Brand and bulb please -- where in the tank is it --- its possible relocation stress hes eating will be off -- but the MOST IMPORTANT thing in that tank is the temps and UVB

cyborgblowfish

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ltsj24mv said:
Lighting the in tank is key here --- basking temps and what are they ? How are you taking them NO stick ons --- digital probe thermometer please--- and UVB ? I am assuming your NOT using a coil? Brand and bulb please -- where in the tank is it --- its possible relocation stress hes eating will be off -- but the MOST IMPORTANT thing in that tank is the temps and UVB

His basking temps are 105 to 110 degrees. He has a reptisun t5 suspended about 15 inches away from his basking spot, though there is a screen in between. He is in a small tank right now, but he is only 7 inches long, and he'll be getting an upgrade soon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How small is the tank? The screen is blocking 30% of the rays --- is the screen a wide hole type? If not I would set the UVB width wise across the tank and butt the screen up to the fixture so its unobstructed and make sure the distance is around 12-15 inches directly underneath -- if its a wide hole type have the UVB 8-10 inches directly underneath it

cyborgblowfish

Original Poster
It is a 20 gallon tank. I believe it is the widehole type. So having the uvb outside the tank isnt an option? It's all so confusinf doing the research. Do you think this is the reason he isn't eating? He is also very lethargic.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes get the UVB unobstructed-- or post a pic of the screen first we will go from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom