Red spot on dragon's scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just noticed this red dot on my dragon's beard this morning and wasn't sure if I should be as concerned as I am. I tried wiping it off, but it didn't do anything. Unsure if it's a scratch or something more serious, but he hasn't been acting off at all so far. It doesn't bother him when I touch it either.
111075-9008904355.jpg
111075-4026863207.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok so not sure what that is -- someone else on the forum might know -- I was going to ask maybe food but since you tried to wash it off and it didnt wash off it might be something he poked himself on - ??

brizzyscene

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1qkvkwkj said:
ok so not sure what that is -- someone else on the forum might know -- I was going to ask maybe food but since you tried to wash it off and it didnt wash off it might be something he poked himself on - ??
Yeah, I thought it looked like a little poke too though I'm not sure how or when that would've occurred. I know I have a tendency to panic over nothing when it comes to him, but I figured I'd see what others thought to see if a vet appointment is necessary. I appreciate your response!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lets have AHBD take a look at it and see I dont think it calls for a vet visit tho --

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it could be a spot of bug guts [ a common source of funny spots on or around the mouth ] You could put a dab of hydrogen peroxide on it using a piece of paper towel or small rag just in case it's a mite. Be careful your beardie doesn't think the rag is something to eat though like my guy does with anything I put near his face. :)

brizzyscene

Original Poster
AHBD":cihyvouw said:
Hi there, it could be a spot of bug guts [ a common source of funny spots on or around the mouth ] You could put a dab of hydrogen peroxide on it using a piece of paper towel or small rag just in case it's a mite. Be careful your beardie doesn't think the rag is something to eat though like my guy does with anything I put near his face. :)
Lol will do. Thank you both so much, that makes me feel a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom