MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

slandes23

Has anyone had a beardie with severe MBD. We rescued one four months ago with it. Was wondering how long they live and what helps them. He only syringe eats and has a hard time pooping.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of his tank and lighting please so we can better help you
there are a few on here that can help but its better that they can see
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
PLEASE NO COILS for a UVB ---

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The tank looks really nice but the UVB is obstructed by the screen or is it open underneath? This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT especially for him --- if its obstructed it needs to be UNOBSTRUCTED-- and a good piece of decor needs to be directly under it 12-15 inches --- can he get on the log?

slandes23

Original Poster
The screen gets taken off during the day and no he cannot climb. That’s why I have the flat rocks for him to bask on. He barely moves as is. Usually only in a circle.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so he needs to be able to get under that uvb-- this will help the mbd- sometimes they will gain some mobility better- please get him under that uvb-- - distance 12 - 15 inches I would shoot for 12

slandes23

Original Poster
He can move he just doesn’t very often unless it’s to pound his front leg because he wants me to hold him. I get him out everyday and make him crawl for exercise on his towel. He gets really good lighting all day. I do need to cut his screen so I don’t have to take it off. When we got him he was in a 10g tank with one light weighing 100 grams. Now he’s in our tank and weighs 155 grams.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok I am going to flag this to AHBD and Tracie who is the vet tech -- but definitely get the UVB closer to him 12 inches please

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
And where does he sit ? on the floor? If so 11 inches is good --- does he bask under the UVB ?

slandes23

Original Poster
Yeah as you can see in the pictures I have flat rocks for him to crawl onto since he just cannot climb. So he stays on his warmer side of the tank 99% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom