Help with pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzz123

Hi,

Sorry for another post about pregnancy, it's just a common thing with my BD.

Over the course of the past week and a half, my BD has laid 16 eggs. Initially, she laid a few on the floor of her vivarium and then the rest in her lay box. I thought she was finally finished when she laid the majority last Thursday but she is still behaving like she is pregnant. She is still digging, scratching on the glass and going to the toilet often. She hasn't eaten anything since she laid the majority of her eggs but is still very active and alert.

Is this normal for them to lay over the course of a few weeks or should I be concerned?

This is the third time she has laid her eggs this year but usually, it is all in one go.

I am giving her baths regularly and she is drinking well.

Below is a picture of her lay box if that helps. I put it in her vivarium because we haven't had much success when it's not.

Thank you,
Muzz
109789-5537526063.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as her behavior is consistent (Digging, restless etc) and she continues to lay the eggs without issue then she is probably OK. Sometimes they do seem to lay eggs in batches and over an extended period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom