Eyesight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
I am slightly concerned about my beardy's eyesight although Im not sure if it's an eyesight issue, a learned behavior, or me simply overthrinking.

Her two favorites are crickets and blueberries, but it seems that she either wont eat outside of her tank or that she needs the heavy lighting of her tank to see what's being held by her? I can usually feed her crickets outside of the tank, but for example she wouldnt touch the blueberries i had while she was sitting with me. She devoured them hastily when put in her tank.

In addition, she is occasionally fed freeze dried crickets while I am waiting on live insects. If I point to them, she devours them. If I leave them be, she doesnt touch them. Theyre brown crickeys sitting in a brown/tan bowl, so Im not sure if it's an eyesight thing or if it's a learned behavior of me being present while she eats live insects? She doesn't do this with greens, but theyre bright green leaves sitting in a brown bowl.

Thoughts?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guess is that it's a behavior because it is fairly common. My dragon also wants me to point to food and sometimes poke it to give it some movement before he digs in. Less of an issue when he is very hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom