Eating after Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I figured id ask I'm very new to brumating but my Male seems to be out of it it seems so my question is he lost 30Grams during his "brumation" period and when he eats he will breath heavy in between and it made me question "am I feeding him to much" like can he physically eat too much after not eating for a few months during his brumation period? Should I slowly increase his feeding and not go full throttle? Or is it nothing to worry about?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's great that he has such an appetite after his long nap but you can feed him smaller amounts twice a day rather than a huge meal all at once. Is he active + back to normal activity ? How much and what do you feed him ?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2lhodfh8 said:
Hi there, it's great that he has such an appetite after his long nap but you can feed him smaller amounts twice a day rather than a huge meal all at once. Is he active + back to normal activity ? How much and what do you feed him ?
Hes back to normal as of right now but I havent really let him chase his supper I hand feed him I would need to feed him in a smaller enclosure if I decide to let him chase his food hes getting crickets dubia roaches and he occasionally snacks on greens hornworms and mealworms and about feeding I feed him multiple times a day so when hes full he will stop eating and lay under the lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom