Stuck shed vs shed that's just not ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilys

I was just wondering how to tell the difference between stuck shed and shed that just hasn't come off yet. I get so paranoid about shedding and what to look for. Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dragons will take a long time to shed- certain areas take longer like head full body and tails all shed different times and some longer -- dont fret over them shedding --- let it do its thing -- when its dry and crackly then take a soft baby tooth brush and mist him and brush gently it will help loosen the shed -- I just let my dragons alone and when the shed gets like i mentioned I will use the baby tooth brush -- they will rub their heads on decor in the tank if they itch and if you see them doing that then take the tooth brush and brush them --

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The best solution to your worry is to just understand that you most likely will NEVER have to deal with true stuck shed. It is actually pretty rare. What most people confuse stuck shed for is actually just shed that isn't ready to come off yet, or has no real need to come off yet.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom