Hard yellow urate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
So she has had the new uvb and heat lamps for a week and I have not seen much improvement. She's going on two days now without pooping again. She didn't eat much the last two days. Today she ate a salad but no insects. Would it be a good idea now to have blood work done? They wants $145 for blood work. OR has it not been enough time for the new improved enclosure heat and lighting to take effect? Should I wait a bit longer? I'm not sure if they are supposed to perk up right away or if it takes beardies longer.
Here are photos of her today. One is her eating salad.
The other is where and how she lays basically all day. She rarely basks anymore unless I out her up there.
109981-9963743798.jpg
109981-4682283429.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Where did you put the UVB and is it the T 5? What type of screen do you have ? Wide hole or a fine mesh screen? Distance and placement is crucial for the UVB -- have you gotten a weight on her? I would look at getting a fecal done first-- take one in to the vet and have them test for parasites / coccidia -- that effects the eating--- NO ENEMAS-- drop a fecal off I would start there -- but we also need to get the lighting properly placed as well -- w / her not basking at all something is off --- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them?

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
I answered most of those questions a couple comments back. She just finished coccidia meds in March and her fecal came back free of parasites. I bought the t5 you sent me the link to, the day you sent it to me. Her basking temp is 105. Hot side 90-95, it's harder to keep this stable since I live in an old house, in michigan and it's still cold, but it's generally in that range. Cool side stays around 75. I just got her to eat some Repashy gel by touching it to her nose and getting her to lick it and pull it in. No idea why she has no interest in insects and has cut back on salads. Could she be bored? I let her out every day, a couple times for a total of probably close to an hour+. She has a perch in front of the window she likes to sit by for long periods too. I'm just so stumped. Here are some more pictures of her encloser. I did recently rearrange her tank around when this started, and add new wood pieces (which I sterilized and then baked for an hour before placing). Idk if that would stress her out for this long though. The tank lid is a wide hole screen. I'm also looking at 120gal PVC enclosures, I just want to wait until this clears up so I don't stress her further.
109981-2052587942.jpg
109981-3425585381.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well everything looks good the meds are gonna effect the appetite-- the rearranging of the tank as well-- you can try adding some variety of insects- what is her staple feeder? Have you tried some treat worms like supers horn meal or butter worms?

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
When she was eating I did half crickets, half dubias and offered horned worms as treats. I haven't been able to get butter worms yet. Hopefully she just needs time with the new lights and stuff?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Usually the UVB kicks in right away --- butter worms are expensive I am waiting on a shipment from Mulberry Farms to come in --- I just got some horn worms from dubiaroaches.com and they were really small but very nice so I am growing them out

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
She used to (when I say used to I mean like 3 weeks ago) eat horned worms like they were crack! She won't even look at one now. Maybe she will like the soldier fly larvae I ordered. She didn't eat them when she was a baby, but maybe now! I'll check out that website!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Dragons taste change like ours :lol: -- Hiccup would never eat super worms now he eats them like crack if I let him :)

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
Really?! Wow I didn't realize! Do their tastes for things change that fast? Could it be she's bored ? I mean, she looks healthy.. I just went a bought a kitchen scale a minute ago so I can start keeping track of her weight. Last week at the vet she was 248g she is about 6month old. Vet said she looked great ??‍♀️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I dont know but I do know they like variety ---- and shes 6 months old so shes going thru the juvie stage :roll: ---- try getting her some silk worms www.reptilianarts.com they have cupped w/ food and the bulk w/ no food and they are small -- another good staple feeder-- add them to the tops of her salads they stick to everything

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
Are they extra sassy as jeveniles? Lmao awesome!
And thank you! I just ordered some silkworms and bee pollen!

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
I was thinking.. and again, this is my first beardie, so I'm still learning.. but, if her tank was too cold or there wasn't enough UVb because of my old lights, is it possible that she thought it was time to brumate? I know it usually happens after their first year tho right? Just trying to cover all the bases to figure out what's going on. She does seem to be slowly becoming more active. But it's been slow going. If I take her out and put her on her basking log she seems to do really well.. it's just getting her up there that's the challenge. She prefers to just lay on that spot under her cave I sent the pic of.
She still hasn't pooped (3 days now) so when I get home from work she will get a bath and a little applesauce if the bath doesn't work.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes incorrect basking temps and UVB will mimic brumation- that is why we always go over that first thing- it could be the weather she being lazy - 3 days is not uncommon for them to not poop-- her not basking will contribute to.the not pooping part- she will eventually go- unsweetened applesauce and some canned pumpkin baby prunes will make her go too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom