Should I let him brumate

Status
Not open for further replies.

lin66

My beardie has been trying to brumate all winter but he only turned 1 year in February so initially I was stopping him. Then I had keep stopping him until I got poop tested for parasites - which he had and has now been treated for. He is still trying to brumate but since his last poop he has eaten a small amount of greens and one locust. Should I keep dragging him out until he has pooped?

He’s in a 4’ viv with 55cm T5 reptisun tube (14” above his head). Temps are 40 (104) on his basking stone and 28 (82) in the cool side.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Temps sound good and yes let him do his thing --- just keep him hydrated and keep offering food when he comes out --- are you using a digital probe thermometer to get those temps you posted?

lin66

Original Poster
Thanks! I’m taking temps with digital thermometer and control with digital thermostat - both hot end probes stuck on basking stone so should be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom