Wound on feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedroluna0

Hello, I was giving my beardie a bath the other day and when I was drying him off, I noticed these 2 wounds on his front legs. The left one looks worse than the right. Is this something that I can take care of at home? I don't have the money for a vet at the moment...

I have this custom enclosure I made him (currently, the flat platform and rock are switched so the flat platform is his new basking spot). Pics are posted along with the wounds. I don't leave any crickets or insects in the enclosure and there's nothing sharp in there. I make sure he either eats all insects or they're put away in their own container. For uvb, I'm using a reptisun t5 10.0 bulb thats 46" long which sits at under 16" from the floor, and a 150w bulb for basking. Max temp directly under his basking platform is about 110°F.

He has jumped from my shoulder unexpectedly a few times, so my main concern is maybe a fracture. Other than the wounds, he's still acting the same and eating the same.

20210324_100501.jpg

20210324_100511.jpg

20210405_110355.jpg

20210405_110341.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those look pretty rough, but hopefully they'll heal. They may be from walking on hard or rough surfaces. I'd put down something soft like fleece for a while in order to relieve the pressure on the wounds. You can try to apply some plain neosporin or maybe some raw honey but that can get sticky/messy when applied to their feet. Might be easiest to apply overnight and rinse off in the morning. If the wounds start to look worse, I think a vet may be needed in order to treat the wounds and prevent infection.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, nice job on the enclosure, lots of space and good decor. I agree with Cooper that the hard surfaces may be the problem. The more serious wound may actually be from jumping + hanging from the chhcken wire, have you ever seen him do that ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does look a bit painful! You can use raw unpasteurized honey or an antibiotic ointment
on those areas. Is anything in his tank getting too hot, like a rock, etc?
The tank setup looks very nice!

Tracie

Pedroluna0

Original Poster
AHBD":273tfouy said:
Wow, nice job on the enclosure, lots of space and good decor. I agree with Cooper that the hard surfaces may be the problem. The more serious wound may actually be from jumping + hanging from the chhcken wire, have you ever seen him do that ?

Thank you! It took me a while to make it lol. And we have vinyl floors everywhere except for the rooms which have carpet. And I haven't seen him hang from the chicken wire.

Pedroluna0

Original Poster
Drache613":1sny0afm said:
Hello,

That does look a bit painful! You can use raw unpasteurized honey or an antibiotic ointment
on those areas. Is anything in his tank getting too hot, like a rock, etc?
The tank setup looks very nice!

Tracie

Thank you! And the rock is no longer under the basking light. The flat platform next to the pyramid is there now and directly under the light is about 110°F max.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds good, how are the temperatures now? Those temperatures are good, there
shouldn't be any issues of getting burned.
Are her feet starting to look better yet?
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom