Beardie keeps going on back

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes when it comes it needs to go inside the tank -- w/ a distance of 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor --- here are some things to hang it w/ 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- potted plant wire hangers-- or this I use this https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195 it works great its like a Velcor strap cut into strips wrap around the fixture
when you replace the bulb it needs to go to a 12-15 inch directly above the basking decor -- it will need to be changed out in one year but I recommend a month before -- mark the calendar

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing? That's great you have a new light coming this week, that should
help him out a lot. As Karrie suggested, it is very important to have proper UVB lighting so
that he can absorb his calcium so hopefully that will improve for him soon.
Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

Melriz

Original Poster
Drache613":2xg7jli2 said:
Hello,

How is your dragon doing? That's great you have a new light coming this week, that should
help him out a lot. As Karrie suggested, it is very important to have proper UVB lighting so
that he can absorb his calcium so hopefully that will improve for him soon.
Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

Hi Tracie! Yes I feel so stupid I had no idea that the coil light was bad for him! When he was younger I had brought him to vet for well visit and his set up was always said to be sufficient. Ugh.
He is doing absolutely fine aside from the random flipping over. He seems happy, eating well, not lethargic. I am hoping that the new lighting will get him turned around. How long should it take for the new lighting to help him? Is there anything else I can do for him? He is the sweetest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom