My bearded dragons’s right side is yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emann081201

Okay, so my bearded dragon is 3-4 months old. I have noticed yellowing before and I did take him to the vet. I was told not to worry too much about it and put 1:1 water to betadine solution on it. It went away slowly. Was completely gone when shedding. Took him to petco (that is where I got him) and they said he is perfect healthy. He already lost a finger due to improper shedding when he was at the pet store. Anyways, the yellow is back in the same spot. On his spikes down to half of his stomach on his right side. It’s a bit larger now too. He’s too small to get a biopsy of it. And was told medication can be worse than YFD alone. Please help.
110923-5613378263.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't think that is yellow fungus, but probably some skin that is older & needs to shed.
However, you can be proactive & get some topical anti-fungal cream to use on that area,
such as lamisil or monistat. Apply that daily to see if that helps out for the skin.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Agreed, doesn't look like yellow fungus to me. It should shed off eventually.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom