Why is my beardie so small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessiemp

Hello! My youngest beardie (slightly over a year old, I think it’s a female but can’t tell) has been around 1’ 3” for over 6 months and shed once a couple months ago. Since I got her over a year ago, she has barely shed at all. Almost all of her sheds happened when she was a growing baby (she shed like crazy probably every week or 2) in her first year, but then suddenly stopped. She’s in a 55 gallon, has a 30” reptisun tube. Around 95-100 degrees F on the basking spot, although the humidity stays at 10% literally no matter what I try (there’s a water dish in there which does absolutely nothing for humidity.). I do have sand as substrate, I know it’s a touchy subject but I’ve used sand w all 3 of my beardies and all love it. 2 of them have been on sand their entire lives (5+ years) and have never ingested any of it and they pass normal bowels. She gets about 5 roaches a day when I have them otherwise she gets mealworms or waxworms. She eats a variety of dandelion greens, collard greens, cilantro daily and fruits here and there. Also she’s very dark colored in her tank but gets light and colorful when out of her tank when I give her bugs. She also seems to have stress marks on her belly almost always when in the tank and she tends to stay in one spot all day. If outside of the tank though she runs around and acts totally normal. It seems like she doesn’t like her tank or something is wrong with it I really have no clue what’s going on please help! Also my oldest beardie has the EXACT same set up as this beardie and is absolutely thriving.

jessiemp

Original Poster
Here is a picture of her now and a picture of her when her colors normal. And a size and color comparison between her and my oldest female
108017-380427503.jpg
108017-3395529860.jpg
108017-2496270868.jpg

Hopefully that worked idk how to use this website ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, they all grow at different rates and although she will probably average out on the small side she still has some growing to do. She looks very well proportioned so I wouldn't be too concerned. Your dragons look very healthy. :)

jessiemp

Original Poster
AHBD":19oqcuq5 said:
Hi there, they all grow at different rates and although she will probably average out on the small side she still has some growing to do. She looks very well proportioned so I wouldn't be too concerned. Your dragons look very healthy. :)
Phew! Thanks for the input. Guess I’m just paranoid! I’m always worried I’m not doing everything 1000% correct for them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom