Is my beardies tail okay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liodragon

Hello! Im new to this forum so please bear with me.
I have a beardie named Lio who is turning one on april 22nd.
A couple days ago I noticed that one of the scales on her tail looked lifted. I also noticed some wispy white substance around it, which I assumed was dry skin. I figured she maybe damaged a scale while trying to scratch. I went to wipe it off, but I noticed she flinched when I touched the area. When I looked closer, I noticed the other scales in the general area just didn't look right. Yesterday I noticed the skin above the area looks like its about to shed. She’s a very active dragon so Im not sure if maybe she injured herself while running around, or if this is somehow a result of her shed or if its something more serious. Ive scheduled a vet appointment for the 13th but Id like to know if theres anyway I can help her in the meantime.? For reference, last time I checked humidity in her enclosure was 20% and hight temp was 98-100°f, mid temp was 88°f and lowest was 79°f

110839-7909866832.jpg

110839-8237747261.jpg

110839-1904462152.jpg

110839-5811214810.jpg

110839-1566927531.jpg
And heres a pic my lio during her breakfast the other day. Thank you for ur help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't see signs of a problem. It just looks like the tail is getting ready to shed and it may be a patchy shed.

Eccanado88

Hi! I had the same worry for my beardie, it's normal I was told. :) As long as there's no other factors like no appetite and weird color.. they should be fine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom