Is my beardies tail okay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liodragon

Hello! Im new to this forum so please bear with me.
I have a beardie named Lio who is turning one on april 22nd.
A couple days ago I noticed that one of the scales on her tail looked lifted. I also noticed some wispy white substance around it, which I assumed was dry skin. I figured she maybe damaged a scale while trying to scratch. I went to wipe it off, but I noticed she flinched when I touched the area. When I looked closer, I noticed the other scales in the general area just didn't look right. Yesterday I noticed the skin above the area looks like its about to shed. She’s a very active dragon so Im not sure if maybe she injured herself while running around, or if this is somehow a result of her shed or if its something more serious. Ive scheduled a vet appointment for the 13th but Id like to know if theres anyway I can help her in the meantime.? For reference, last time I checked humidity in her enclosure was 20% and hight temp was 98-100°f, mid temp was 88°f and lowest was 79°f

110839-7909866832.jpg

110839-8237747261.jpg

110839-1904462152.jpg

110839-5811214810.jpg

110839-1566927531.jpg
And heres a pic my lio during her breakfast the other day. Thank you for ur help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't see signs of a problem. It just looks like the tail is getting ready to shed and it may be a patchy shed.

Eccanado88

Hi! I had the same worry for my beardie, it's normal I was told. :) As long as there's no other factors like no appetite and weird color.. they should be fine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom