black bruising? in beardies chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrtemisa

Hello, I was playing with my bearded dragon (male, about 4 years old) when i noticed his biggest chin scale was darker and it seemed to be coming off (the superficial part) and so i decided to help him since he had ended his last shed months ago and i thought it was stuck shed. It was a little harder to remove than other smaller scales he had not shed, and when it came off he had this appearance (as shown in the pics) and i dont know if its just bruising (due to the fact that he has been glass surfing these days, im working on a new terrarium since i think his current one is small for him) and maybe i made it worse helping with that shed or if i should bring him to the vet bc it could be something worse, it doesnt seem to bother him or anything :( please help
110835-3852758817.jpg
110835-4308813005.jpg

SPandS

Juvie Member
It's probably just some slight damage due to glass surfing and the scale being pulled off before it was ready. If you want you could put some raw honey on it but I think it'll be fine, just keep an eye on it just in case the glass surfing causes more damage.

xrtemisa

Original Poster
SandP":fmlh27zk said:
It's probably just some slight damage due to glass surfing and the scale being pulled off before it was ready. If you want you could put some raw honey on it but I think it'll be fine, just keep an eye on it just in case the glass surfing causes more damage.
thank you so much!!! i have raw honey at home so ill definitely try that! ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that doesn't look like a problem at all but just a little friendly advice , don't ever pull any scales/shed off. A little dab of raw honey is fine now, just check the entire tank for any loose crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom