Mites, Fleas, Ticks...Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossinn

I've been researching dragons for weeks now. My daughter's idea was to get a frog, but we quickly learned that dragons could probably be a "better" choice. As you all know, there is a lot to consider regarding enclosure, light, heat, food, etc. For the first time last night, I came across an article on mites, fleas, and ticks. My question is, how common is it for a dragon to have any of these things? I'm planning to purchase our dragon from a breeder, which I'm assuming reduces the chances, but once they are home, can you still get these nasties? My wife is staying completely out of this decision, and is relying on me to put it all together, but I'm going to be in big trouble if there are suddenly unwanted critters in the house...

Thank you.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As far as I know they dont just get them -- it is possible that they can come w/ them coming from a breeder or pet store etc --- they are very tiny and from the pics I have seen they are like a red color they could be other colors as well like black In am thinking but I am not real savvy on this stuff so we need some more experienced people on here to answer some of these questions --

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There is such a low chance of them getting mites + ticks [ no fleas want to be on reptiles ] that it is almost not even a thought of a breeder selling beardies with any of those. Always check reviews on any breeder but for any good breeder you can buy with confidence that this will not be a problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom