My rescue beardie Atlas

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
We have reached out on this site on a couple of different posts about a beardie that we took over and really believe that we rescued him. Of course we had great info from everybody here which I believe has brought Atlas to a healthier state. My question right now is about femoral plugs. Does anybody out there have some factual information on these. We have seen a couple of videos but we are afraid of hurting the poor little guy and we are gaining trust that we don't want to lose. Can anyone help?

SPandS

Juvie Member
Are you asking because you think they're clogged? Can you post a pic? If they're clogged you can help by soaking him and gently brush them with a soft toothbrush. You can also provide him with a rough stone in his enclosure to allow him to scrape them off himself. I've seen videos of people pulling them out and I can't imagine that feels good or is even necessary in most cases.

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well yeah I think they were because a couple appeared swollen or well not inflamed but big, if you will. We have since the post given him a warm bath and gently squeezed the couple of which looked to be problematic and got the plug out. I will try to get an upload of him ASAP. I kinda went with what I have read here though as well as what you have suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom