Bearded dragon is not regular and has consistent watery poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanmanz

My bearded dragon is a 2 year old rescue, she has early symptoms of BD but with me she has had all proper lighting and calcium supplements. She has had poop issues for about as long as I've had her unfortunately. I've brought her to the vet numerous times and the response has been "nothing wrong".

I've brought a poop sample to them and the only parasite found in her was pin worms. Which have been treated twice with Metronidazole. Still have the poop problems.

She has never been real regular either, sometimes she wont poop in a week other times its every few days, regardless its always a watery mess.

She lives in a 3 foot by 3 foot enclosure with 2 stories, so she has enough movement space to get all her muscles working. In her enclosure, she has 2 heat lamps that lead to two basking spots, both spots are 101 degrees Fahrenheit. She also has 3 10.0 uvb fluorescent lights throughout the enclosure, I think she has enough light and heat to digest her food properly.

I feed Mustard greens, Collard Greens daily, with occasional mixes of Bok Choi, Curly Endive, and Dandelion Greens.

I do not feed her bugs very often, maybe every 3 days. Usually 4-6 1.5 inch dubia roaches. or 8-10 large crickets, depending on the time of year and how well the dubias are breeding.

4s2Ykvh

https://imgur.com/gallery/4s2Ykvh

SPandS

Juvie Member
Have you ever given her any probiotics? If not you can try some non dairy yogurt and see if that helps things.

Tanmanz

Original Poster
SandP":2p3x9y1n said:
Have you ever given her any probiotics? If not you can try some non dairy yogurt and see if that helps things.

I have not given her probiotics, Ill definitely try that its worth a shot. I assume the medication I gave her for pinworms could have killed off beneficial stuff.

Should I go for the yogurt option or is it safer to get Bene-bac?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002ASS3E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hShNAbVE9T837?th=1

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have seen Bene Bac recommended lots of times--- we can have Tracie the vet tech mod look at your post and see what she thinks

Tanmanz

Original Poster
KarrieRee":147r6re7 said:
I have seen Bene Bac recommended lots of times--- we can have Tracie the vet tech mod look at your post and see what she thinks

I would love that to happen!
Ill go ahead and get Bene Bac just in case too

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did the vet prescribe metronidazole for Pinworms? That is a good medication but isn't
real effective towards pinworms.
If her system is imbalanced due to medication, we definitely recommend probiotics to help
restore the gut flora. Benebac is always helpful & can be given for several weekss to help
kickstart the system.

Tracie

Tanmanz

Original Poster
Drache613":2l632c9n said:
Hello,

Did the vet prescribe metronidazole for Pinworms? That is a good medication but isn't
real effective towards pinworms.
If her system is imbalanced due to medication, we definitely recommend probiotics to help
restore the gut flora. Benebac is always helpful & can be given for several weekss to help
kickstart the system.

Tracie

The vet did proscribe metronidazole for pinworms, thats pretty upsetting to hear that its not very effective against the one thing she had... That could mean that the pinworms may still be the problem.

I have not given her those meds in about 1 month, I don't know if that changes anything. Bene-bac wasn't at any of my local pet stores so I ordered some online. It cant hurt to try it.

What would be a good pin worm remover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom