New home - always stressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we recently upgraded Potato to a 120 gallon PVC (about a week ago) and they are just ALWAYS a little stressed. Potato also tends to just sit on the top of their tree and not do anything except during feeding time. They poop regularly (so not impacted) and are very active when free roaming.

109007-2952650278.jpg

109007-7001200230.jpg

109007-2281485107.jpg

NOTE; Potato does have yellow fungus and is on Terbafine and Voriconozole. We also do betadine baths every two to three days.

Temps
- hot (100-110)
- cool (85)

Light
- 100 watt heat/light bulb
- t5 UVB tube across most of the enclosure

Humidity
- 25-35%

Food
- mealworms (stopped eating)
- butterworms (treat)
- hornworms (treat)
- BSFL (stopped eating)
- 1/2 inch crickets (just started eating, only eats about 4)
- kale and arugula salad or collard greens with bee pollen

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer all I can see are stickons --- also the UVB is it in a fixture I cant tell - if not I recommend you get a fixture w/ a reflector- -- a T 5 needs to be 12-15 inches from basking decor directly over it --- if there is no reflector on the UVB the rays are bouncing all over the tank -- the reflector will direct the rays downward and intensify the rays which is want you want - you want it to mimic the sun -- besides relocation stress the incorrect lighting will cause it as well --

sukasmomma

Original Poster
The UVB is in a reflective fixture. The hot side temp is with a digital probe, cool side is a digital stick on. The temp gauge on the back is old - we only put it in to see just how off it was for personal interest and do not use it to take temp.

We also regularly temp with a handheld temp probe (our digital kitchen therm) bc I am very anxious about temps rn.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How far is distance for the UVB to the basking decor piece ? It looks farther than 15 inches in one pic but the other it looks ok -- can you post a pic of Potato please-- its more than likely relocation stress then -- how long has he been getting treated for the YF?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok he looks ok not seeing stress marks- are there any on his belly? That is usually where they are
love the name Potato

sukasmomma

Original Poster
Potato’s been out for about 15 mins now and has been free roaming - he LOVES to free roam. So right now we’re not overly stressed. We do normally see stress marks on his belly when he’s in his viv. We never used to with the old viv though.

The stress marks I could see earlier are kinda shown in this pic on His belly!
109007-2281485107.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sounds like he needs to acclimate to his tank and new surroundings - just keep an eye on him and see if they go away they always stress out w/ new surroundings --- as long as he keeps eating pooping basking and active he will be fine- I would try and get him on some dubia roaches or try some silk worms they are great staple feeders

sukasmomma

Original Poster
Well have to look for some silk! I want to do Dubias sooo bad but Canada can’t have live ones and he doesn’t like to eat it if it’s not alive. We tried the packaged dubias once and he literally ran away and went black.

Thanks for being so kind, we’ve had a pretty hard run getting the YF diagnosis so young.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I was looking at him and I dont see YF -- I am going to have some one on here more experienced than I w/ this -- I am gonna flag the post to them

sukasmomma

Original Poster
We are at the end of a treatment faze and pulling him off his meds in a week since the external “crust” is gone. According to our vet we caught it really early which is nice.

Here’s some pics that led to us getting the diagnosis.
109007-359077137.jpg
109007-4004308186.jpg
109007-2081829910.jpg
109007-5519230710.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I am gonna have others look- are you still disinfecting the tank?

sukasmomma

Original Poster
Yep - we sani wipe (animal safe) tank and betadine baths every other day and fully soak and disinfect everything once a week

lisbetha

I'm sure the infection has taken its toll as well. He's on the mend and things are unfamiliar right now, so plenty of reason to be anxious.

Do you feed out in the new tank, or in a feeder box for the live insects? If the former, maybe feeding during outside play would be a bit more successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom