Baby beardie fell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizmeiko

Hey my beardie fell from a high place she's still a baby like maybe 7 inches? Growing fast but she was down stairs with my dad and I and she jumped of my hand and hit my couch then the floor she landed fine and she seems to look okay and is acting normally but is it okay for them to do that? like is she okay? And should I stop her from jumping like that?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First I would let her acclimate to her tank and surroundings-- babies will jump it is good to always have a hand over their back when having them out at this age -- I recommend you keep them close to the tank and only hold for a little at a time- we have had so many babies jump and break bones etc-- keep an eye on her behavior that is odd like lethargic not eating etc - watch for black bearding that would be a sign of distress or pain -- but in the meantime I would get her out less and let her settle in -- hand feed her BSFL or small super super worms to hand tame --

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Mari is almost 18 months old and will occasionally walk right off the edge of my bed, land on her back, right herself, and continue walking to wherever she was trying to go without any care in the world that she just fell about 2 feet onto wood flooring. Bearded dragons are some of the most hardcore animals I've ever known, I hear they fling themselves out of low-lying trees all the time in the wild to go chase down a bug or a mate. No need to freak out if they did it once, just don't like fling them or purposely let them fall as it's kinda risky. XD

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Baby dragons are very active & really love to jump so definitely keep that in mind when your
baby is out & running around. Small jumps, etc onto the sofa or other softer surfaces are ok.
If she landed on the floor from the sofa, that should be fine.
Just look for signs of distress from her such as dark tail tip or beard area, lack of appette, or
lethargic behavior which could indicate some type of injury.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom