Too Skinny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbsxlutss

I recently have had my bearded my bearded dragon lay two clutch of unfirtile eggs with the last 2 months , and today im getting concerned she doesnt really want to eat at all and is super skinny ive been dusting her crickets with calcium but she just doesnt have any intrest in eating and im scared shes getting to small! Also I noticed when she was drinking the water i was dripping onto her nose (so she could drink to not get dehydrated) her tongue was going sideway and almost twisting can anyone give me advice on foods to try to get her to gain weight !?
110000-4941491638.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She is definitely skinny from what I can see--- are you feeding any greens? What are you using for a UVB? NO coils please --- basking temps what are they are how are you taking them NO stickons- these are the first two things we ask --

Dbsxlutss

Original Poster
I just got her back , from letting my sister babysit persay , and i dont think she was i was trying to get her to eat them before i let her babysit and she wouldnt take the romaine , what are some good greens to get her , shes a picky eater ! Uvb tube light and i have a custom built tank with a thermometer her basking spot sits about 97-100 her cold spot ranges from 80-85

Dbsxlutss

Original Poster
110000-1826611818.jpg

Her tail also looks terrible, im thinking she has a calcium deficiency, im just hoping i can save her and get her back to her chunky spunky self

On a good note she is still very active just not as fast as she was

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor girl, she's emaciated. Order some Oxbow Critical Care online or get some from a vet, you can also make smoothies out of greens like kale , turnip, mustard, collards, escarole and a bit of raw honey. Try to get some hornworms if you can. What insects do you have ? Fluker's Reptaboost [ from pet store ] might help as well. If it's sunny where you live get her out in the sun but not in a glass tank, they heat up too much. Just set with her or put her in the grass. Put her in a shallow warm bath so she can get a good drink too. Also post pics of her set up +lights. We'll try to help your girl.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have flagged your post to ahbd about the egg thing- your uvb is what brand and bulb please where in the tank? This extremely important for her to be eating- how old is the UVB? Greens would be turnip collards mustard endive kale- squash green beans you want a balanced diet you don't want to fatten her up fast- staple feeders like silk dubia roaches bsfl those are small order large-

Dbsxlutss

Original Poster
Going to the let store and the grocery right now to get her some greens and things , i just got her back last night , and i have crickets dusted with calcium and a veggie mix right now her tank

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She does look much better. :) Still could use a little more weight though, especially since she egg laying age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom