Dark spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!! My beardie bert has had the two spots pop up, I at first thought it was stuck shed and have been giving him wsrm baths to help relieve it but with no change. Im no worried they could be something else, any ideas? Theres just the one on his arm and his back.

Hes currently in a 40gallon enclosure (although a 120g is on the way!!! So excited) hes about 2 years old. Mostly chills on his hammock all day under his uvb light (reptisun 10.0 changed in september). He gets salad 5x a week and superworms 2x a week although he hardly eats the salad, everything is dusted with calcium (without d3), and a multivitamin 2x a week. Baths once every 1 to 2 weeks. His basking spot is 36°c and the rest of the tank sits around 29°c but he barely basks
110415-9192481786.jpg

Mickandbert

Original Poster
Update!! not fungal, the vet did a biopsy and said that it was consistent with trauma wounds sustained when he was a baby before I got him. But still weird that they appeared suddenly and got darker? Will continue to monitor :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that they aren't fungal. Trauma of some sort would make sense. Do continue to take photos and observe the areas to make sure they aren't changing over time (growth/spreading, wounded looking etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom