Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi there,

Just curious to see if others noticed their beardies have slowed down? Drogon just took his last dose of anti parasitic but there are days where he's active and then sleepy days. Still not eating much. My dad's friend has a dragon who said he's been in a brumation mode. Anyone else seeing the same behavior?

Selkie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm starting to see Darwin slow down a bit and go to sleep by late afternoon. His usual brumation behavior starts in late summer and into the fall. He's coming down from post brumation high energy levels so this isn't unusual. Keep an eye on weight and I'd keep lighting and food offering the same even if they don't want to eat anything. In your case it may be due to the meds. They tend to be on different cycles regarding brumation so what other dragons are doing isn't necessarily an indicator of what to expect along those lines.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Figment has been slowed down for a while now, pooping less frequently and not eating as much. No signs of brumation, though he's still young - just over a year old.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
CooperDragon":29m0scth said:
I'm starting to see Darwin slow down a bit and go to sleep by late afternoon. His usual brumation behavior starts in late summer and into the fall. He's coming down from post brumation high energy levels so this isn't unusual. Keep an eye on weight and I'd keep lighting and food offering the same even if they don't want to eat anything. In your case it may be due to the meds. They tend to be on different cycles regarding brumation so what other dragons are doing isn't necessarily an indicator of what to expect along those lines.

Thankfully he just got his last dose last night. between January through February he went from 692 g to 680g. Is that bad?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nah that's not much of a drop at all. Nothing to worry about there. He's a big dude at 680g. My Darwin usually tops out around 550g =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom