he is a she...and she laid AN egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindaloo

We have 1 bearded dragon, had it for 2 years thinking it was a boy...and it's a girl! Just found out today because there was an unfertilized egg in her tank this evening. Not sure what to do now? I know it's not normal to lay just one egg, but she also is not with any male, so??? Should I give her a warm water bath tomorrow to see if that will encourage her to lay more? I removed the egg...I could tell she was super freaked out by it, and she immediately burrowed in and went to sleep. Thoughts are welcome!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post a picture of the egg?

If she does have eggs, she will have more in her than just the one. The bath might help, but getting her a lay box will probably be best so she feels comfortable passing the rest of them.
One of my girls just surprised me with infertile eggs two days ago too.

-Brandon

lindaloo

Original Poster
Well, we made her a lay box and she hates it, crawled out. So adding a bunch of material to her bedding hope she feels comfy to lay more eggs. she is very wide (kind of the comfortable wideness she gets while taking a bath), and i do not see any visible eggs in her belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom