Strange Looking Beardie Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I took my 5 month old beardie named Captain to the vet because lately the urate in his poop has been very runny, sometimes accompanied with a brownish liquid. Other times the poop almost looks bloody or really mucousy. When I took him to the vet I didn’t think about getting a fecal sample, but the vet assumed it might be parasites anyway. He gave me medicine to give to my beardie. After giving him the medicine for the amount of time he said, the urate hardly looked any better. My beardie acts perfectly normal and the vet says he looks perfectly healthy otherwise. I just want to know if it is something I should still worry about? Should I take him to the vet again but this time bring a fecal sample?
He has a reptisun 10.0 uvb, 150w heat bulb and his enclosure stays around 107F. Humidity stays around 20%. He has carpet for substrate. I feed him either crickets or BSFL along with a salad containing collard and mustard greens, squash, and sweet potato.
110614-1909625386.jpg
110614-226576101.jpg
110614-1190645844.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Reptisun 10.0 coil or tube fixture and where in the tank is it? Top of screen or inside the tank? The fecal test should of been done to test for parasites before just giving meds --- the poop in the last picture was taken after a while ? or was it a fresh pic? The end of it looks dried out that is why I am asking

Captainthebeardie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1zqv65yi said:
Reptisun 10.0 coil or tube fixture and where in the tank is it? Top of screen or inside the tank? The fecal test should of been done to test for parasites before just giving meds --- the poop in the last picture was taken after a while ? or was it a fresh pic? The end of it looks dried out that is why I am asking

It is the tube light and it is inside the tank. The poop in the picture that is on the carpet was relatively fresh in the morning, not sure how fresh the poop in the container was.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so he may be a little dehydrated --- but for the most part the poop looks good -- and its the T 5 or the T 8 bulb please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom