EARLY ONSET TAIL ROT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Hi there,
I was giving my baby beardie a bath and notices that just the very tip of his tail is dark! I know shedding can make their tails darker, but it seemed like just the tip instead of a gradient from lighter to farther (which I assume is more like a shed). It is very small, not too concerning, but if I should act fast I will... I'm not sure if I should just keep an eye on it or inspect and call a vet... I also have no idea how to attach a photo on here lol

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
clyde612":7ushk4vh said:
I also have no idea how to attach a photo on here lol

figured it out, as you can see, it is a very small dark spot right now

IMG_0594.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Unless it has some sort of injurie like a pinch or been nipped by another dragon it is more than likely NOT tail rot but shed --- can you post a different pic of the tail in question like closer pic of the area your talking about

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
KarrieRee":1qxq6ur2 said:
can you post a different pic of the tail in question like closer pic of the area your talking about
yes!
full

full

I'm sure it's fine, I'm such a helicopter parent with my new little buddy <3 what do you think? I'll keep on eye on it for sure...

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Thanks everyone! It was just shed :) I'm such a helicopter parent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom