7 month old bearded dragon stopped eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BD is about 7 months old and has been eating on and off for the past week. She stopped eating right after we went to the vet and got parasite medicine. She stopped eating her insects (5 a day) as much and started eating greens and then I got her bigger dubia roaches and she LOVED them. But now since yesterday she hasn't ate anything, not even hornworms which she usually eats up right away. Her beard is more droopy than normal and she has been basking all day long. Could this be some sort of early form of brumination? Or is it a side effect of the medication (albon)?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The medication will effect their eating --- please keep her hydrated by either bathing or dropping water on her nose -- please go over the basking temps how are you taking them NO stick ons they need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- they should be 95-110 and your UVB is it a coil or a tube w/ a hood ? Coils are inadequate-- she may be off her eating for a while how long is she on the med for?
Karrie

Alliemc1234

Original Poster
KarrieRee":6ftkevn3 said:
The medication will effect their eating --- please keep her hydrated by either bathing or dropping water on her nose -- please go over the basking temps how are you taking them NO stick ons they need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- they should be 95-110 and your UVB is it a coil or a tube w/ a hood ? Coils are inadequate-- she may be off her eating for a while how long is she on the med for?
Karrie

She has a MVB and I have a thermometer with a probe, so it's more accurate than the stick ons. I have checked her basking temp for the past 2 days now and it is around 105. She finished the meds about a week ago and started eating like 5 days ago a lot of bigger dubia roaches, but yesterday and today she hasn't ate.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What is the brand of the MVB? Keep offering food for her -- I would order some hornworms see if she will eat those they are a good hydrating worm-- www.dubiaroaches.com order a small quantity as they grow really really fast--
Karrie

Alliemc1234

Original Poster
She has a Megaray MVB that I got about 4 months ago. I got her hornworms and she loved them about 5 days ago when she started eating good again but now she won't eat those either :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well she's definitely affected by the meds-- how long is she on them for? How is her behavior? Do you have the mvb on the screen or is it hanging unobstructed?
Karrie

Alliemc1234

Original Poster
I just noticed while she was basking with her mouth open that the right side of the roof of her mouth has cuts and a little inflammation which is probably painful and the cause of her not eating. I will be taking her to the vet asap for antibiotics, anything I can do in the meantime to keep it clean from infection?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Feed her some raw unpasteurized honey- any idea how she got it+ anyway to post a pic so Tracie and ahbd can take a look

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That I am not sure-- but Tracie or ahbd would know- can you get a pic of the inside so they can see? I have not heard of getting sores from insects in the mouth- crickets will bite but that's on the body

Alliemc1234

Original Poster
KarrieRee":cjrbge6c said:
That I am not sure-- but Tracie or ahbd would know- can you get a pic of the inside so they can see? I have not heard of getting sores from insects in the mouth- crickets will bite but that's on the body

110146-1028479343.jpg
110146-3475722387.jpg
110146-424507210.jpg
110146-9220887334.jpg

Figured it out! And yes, I do know she does have an issue with her leg. Her entire leg was temporarily paralyzed after a shot at the vet, but it has slowly been getting better. How do I get Tracie or ahbd to see this post? Can you tag them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom