long but skinny, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. Ive had concerns recently that my beardie is too small for his age. when I first got him he was about 7 ish inches. I was told he was about 2 months then, and that was back in may.
108993-7691415287.jpg
That would make his age 10 months. He is long (about 18 inches) just seems so skinny. The pictures attached make him seem skinnier, as his belly hangs low it is just not wide. I just feel like his head is so small and stuff. Idk what to do. Weve had some food problems recently with rejecting dubias and brumation but now hes eating hornworms, superworms, and wax worms every so often (about 5-7 a week). Now that he is eating again will he start getting bigger? Im just really getting worried. I see people post stuff about their 6 month olds and im like wow mine looks nothing like that.
108993-7376469397.jpg
108993-8604374705.jpg
108993-5261313552.jpg
108993-7458055322.jpg
side note: he seems perfectly happy. He is super active and enjoys basking and going on his log and running around my room. Also, his poop schedule is normal.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He looks fine --- he should not be brumating for his age tho--- what are you using for a UVB brand and bulb and where in the tank is it? The basking temps what are they are how are you taking them? NO stick ons please--- how many times / day were you or are you feeding him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom