Arm concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Hello I noticed ziggy front arms look fat to me like gout maybe? I’m very concerned she might have it although I can squeeze her front arms without her getting mad or pulling away which seems good. Is she normal and I’m looking way to far into things? I’m very concerned
108349-3702803995.jpg
108349-7872514552.jpg
108349-5666474565.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She looks like the rest of them -- its called pop eye arms -- if shes not pulling away or anything then they arent hurting - usually if its gout the claws and foot are swollen as well not just the arm itself
Karrie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1a1gx0te said:
She looks like the rest of them -- its called pop eye arms -- if shes not pulling away or anything then they arent hurting - usually if its gout the claws and foot are swollen as well not just the arm itself
Karrie
Ok thank god! I know gout is caused by too much protein I’m starting her back up on 1” dubias how many should I give her she’s 15 months?

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1z88gmwy said:
Feed her as many as she will eat-- is she eating salads?
Kind of she’s picky with veggies she loves kale but I read it shouldn’t be a staple as it binds calcium I guess so I’m going to start giving her collards I think. Does she look over weight?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Kale is a excellent staple-- it's better than the other greens-- I will post a nutrition website for you-- post a whole body pic of her please

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":b876iwi6 said:
Kale is a excellent staple-- it's better than the other greens-- I will post a nutrition website for you-- post a whole body pic of her please
108349-4141250090.jpg
108349-840373743.jpg
108349-3191057579.jpg

Oh ok that’s funny so I should keep feeding her kale?

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
108349-4696115707.jpg
Maddy5150":1sdo0sxh said:
KarrieRee":1sdo0sxh said:
108349-4141250090.jpg
108349-840373743.jpg
108349-3191057579.jpg

Oh ok that’s funny so I should keep feeding her kale?
Here’s another picture

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":29gxuape said:
Yes on the kale- she looks good--
Ok awesome! One more thing. She’s 15 months I have a new feeding schedule in mind can I have your input? Leafy greens 7 days a week, insects 6 days a week, other kinds of vegetables 4 days a week, vitamin powder 1 day a week, calcium powder 3 days a week, and fruit 1 day a week.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would cut the protein down to 2-3 times per week now since shes over a year old - calcium w/ out D3 NO phosphorus should be used if your using a T 5 bulb for a UVB 3 times per week and calcium w/ D3 should only be used 2 times per week - since shes eating her veggies like a champ the vitamins can be limited - shes going to get her nutrients thru them --as far as the veggies I would mix them like collards/turnip or kale / collards or kale/mustard etc add in some squash and I would give fruit once a week like your said - a mixture of salad material is good -- here is a website and you can go from there
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder
Karrie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":jsjhvnxb said:
I would cut the protein down to 2-3 times per week now since shes over a year old - calcium w/ out D3 NO phosphorus should be used if your using a T 5 bulb for a UVB 3 times per week and calcium w/ D3 should only be used 2 times per week - since shes eating her veggies like a champ the vitamins can be limited - shes going to get her nutrients thru them --as far as the veggies I would mix them like collards/turnip or kale / collards or kale/mustard etc add in some squash and I would give fruit once a week like your said - a mixture of salad material is good -- here is a website and you can go from there
Karrie
Oh geez I didn’t know that the T5 bulb didn’t need D3 I’ve been giving her D3 with it 5 times a week. So I should do 3 days without D3 and 2 days with D3 but bugs only 3 times a week?

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Maddy5150":1zswx7t3 said:
KarrieRee":1zswx7t3 said:
Karrie
Oh geez I didn’t know that the T5 bulb didn’t need D3 I’ve been giving her D3 with it 5 times a week. So I should do 3 days without D3 and 2 days with D3 but bugs only 3 times a week?
And for powders I use repti calcium with D3 and flukers with our D3 when she had a MVB are those ok? And still giving calcium 5 times a week?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No you were good giving the D3 that is fine - but since shes over a year old now you dont need to give the D3 as often --- so alternating the two of them will be fine but I would dust the insects cuz you know she will eat them --- yes the on the supplements and bugs question -- T 5's are stronger than the T 8's that is why I asked about the UVB --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom