Harder than normal breathing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a new bearded dragon owner and I've had little Sunkist since November 2nd 2020 and she was around 19 or 20 grams and 7 inches when I received her , She is growing great as she is now 100 grams and 12 inches but thats besides the point.
So of late Sunkist has been breathing seemly is a little heavier but i'm unsure if it is normal but she still has her huge appetite and is active, no clicking or popping when she breathes and no mouth breathing, no stuck shed in her nostril.
I'm painfully aware of RI's, sadly Sunkist is my second baby/young bearded dragon, the first one had a quite serious RI when I received him and sadly he didn't pull through despite my best efforts.
Sunny's tank is a 40 Gallon breeder, Her basking bulb is 100 watts and her UVB bulb is a Reptisun 18" T8 over a mesh lid (i'm trying to figure out how to mount it on the inside), I have tile in her enclosure with undertank heating which is diffused by the tiles and I regularly check the temps to make sure its staying at a safe level . Her basking spots are at 90-100F and the warm side of her tank is typically 75-80F, and her humidity stays in the 30-40's and I'm actively trying to lower it. I don't know if I'm being paranoid because of my prior experience with my first bearded dragon or not so I took a fcouple of short clips of her breathing Clips of Sunkists breathing any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

It might be because sunny is getting ready to shed, my bearded dragon sometimes breathes a little harder when he is getting ready to shed too. If sunny was running around before you took the video that could explain her breathing. If you don't get any good answers on here, I would try to talk to a vet, you can talk to them online for pretty cheap.

SentientRoomba

Original Poster
Thanks for your input! She was basking around the time I took the first video the second one was after she was chillin in her hammock, If she continues to breathe the same way after shedding ill look into vets around me and hope that they have dealt with beardies before since I live in quite a small town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom