nose shed stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an 11 month old female bearded dragon. She is happy and healthy otherwise and just as spunky as normal. She’s shedding some patches of her face and her left nostril was starting to shed and the outside of the nostril had popped off but was still connected to the rest. I went to look at it and make sure everything was good and just gently touched the shed. She got annoyed obviously but when she scratched at her face to get me away, she scratched off the outside part of her nostril shed, leaving the inside part still connected. I’m worried it’s going to get stuck there and I don’t want to prod at it for fear of hurting or nose and really it’s impossible to reach. I’m thinking of waiting to see if she can shed it herself but I’m super paranoid about everything so was just wanting to see if anyone had any advice. I was looking around to see if anyone had the same situation but it seemed like most people just had questions about normal shed noses but never a piece stuck in the nose that wasn’t reachable. I added pictures but I don’t know if they’re any use. Any advice would be appreciated!
I added a pic with the stuck shed circled and one without for ease of reading.
106900-3083938216.jpg
106900-2968401006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom