Stress Marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hey all! So I just got a new baby beardie yesterday, and he is doing great! He is eating super well already, and doesn't mind being held and handled. He has a 36x18x18 Exo Terra terrarium, a T8 Zilla UVB fixture, 150watt Flukers heat basking bulb. He basks and explores his tank and seems happy, However he has VERY heavy stress marks around his belly and underside of legs. His tail is not black though. I'm pretty sure its normal for him to have stress marks due to moving? Just wanted to check and make sure he is alright.

Abby

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The T 8 where in the tank is it? If its on top of the screen please get it in the tank w/ NO clear plastic cover over the bulb and I would replace that zilla bulb out for a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 its a way better bulb-- fixture should be 6-8 inches directly over the basking decor piece --- the stress marks can be from relocation stress -- it may take awhile for them to go away -as she acclimates to the tank and surroundings they will fade --- but please make sure your UVB is in proper place and basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---- those 2 things are the most important things in the tank
Karrie

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":20jphfu7 said:
The T 8 where in the tank is it? If its on top of the screen please get it in the tank w/ NO clear plastic cover over the bulb and I would replace that zilla bulb out for a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 its a way better bulb-- fixture should be 6-8 inches directly over the basking decor piece --- the stress marks can be from relocation stress -- it may take awhile for them to go away -as she acclimates to the tank and surroundings they will fade --- but please make sure your UVB is in proper place and basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---- those 2 things are the most important things in the tank
Karrie

Hi there, and thanks for the response! His marks have gone down quite a bit, before almost his whole stomach was black. now its just brown "leopard" patterning. Anywho, his UVB light is under the screen, NO plastic cover (removed that as soon as I got the fixture). Here is a picture of his enclosure.

102727-7534868759.jpg
Note: I have ordered a nice reptile carpet and thats on its way. so don't mind the flooring!!

Abby

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your taking temps w/ a digital probe correct? Hammocks are hard to get basking temps off of that is why you need a probe -- they are the most accurate -- his stress marks should start to subside as he acclimates to his tank and surroundings -- but you want those temps and that UVB properly placed of which it looks good now -- I was also gonna suggest he needs a hide --- Pet Smart has great decor for dragons
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom