6 month old sitting with front legs in water..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splreece

Hey all.recently saw behaviour change after replacing basking light.

Prev deets were 43deg basking spot 38 deg warm 29 deg cool and 35% humidity.. T5 reptisun 12%. However she's hidden in hides pretty much all week since so I downgraded bulb.

Now...

I now use a lower watt bulb at 75w with deets of 27deg cool 31% humidity 36deg warm and 36-40deg baskingt spot..

I've out a water bowl in to Inc humidity as I know dragons rarely drink standing water.... How ever the last 2 days I've had her place her front feet in it... See pic

Not sure whether it's just a refreshing quirk or she's unhappy and this is a statement or it's satisfying her.... Any thoughts? As she's not eating great this week and still has she'd so maybe all jus coincidence.. But u never know...

Good thing is she's out the hide and is nibbling on the odd locust n worm.
109077-9553212793.jpg

VirginiaWH

Hi, I'm new here, so maybe the others will give you some more information, but I think it is something normal, she is exploring the new surrounding. This is good she is interested :wink:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they like to splash around or sit in the water. Especially if they are a bit warm. Turning the temps down a little sounds like it helped. The water dish looks too small to cause any issues, so I'd just let her sit there if that's what she wants. Give her a week or so to adjust to the changes and if you want to make more tweaks after that, go for it. Keep adjusting until she seems content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom