Pink thing in beardies mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaffaCake

Hatchling Member
Hi, sorry about the title, wasnt sure what to call it. Maybe a growth or something?

My beardie has been acting completely normal, nothing out of the blue at all. He opened his mouth earlier and i noticed there was a pink lump near his tongue on one side of his mouth. Its hard to see because it blends in with the colour of his tongue and inside of his mouth but its noticeable in person.

Is this something to be concerned about? Hes been eating/drinking normally and I dont think it seems to bother him at all.

He is 6 years old, he did jump off from the top of his log yesterday in his tank so unsure if he may have hurt his mouth during that. I checked on him and he seemed okay, the drop is considerably small but he is on tile instead of carpet or soft materials

If pic is needed, can you tell me how to post it?

76756-4605152877.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok pic didn't post click on XIMG above the message box and see if they downloaded- if they did click on the pic it should post
Karrie

JaffaCake

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It shows thats its posted on my side, both on my phone and computer. Should I try and do it through another source like imgur?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No it posted -- we need Tracie or AHBD to take a look at it and see what they think
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It doesn't look too bad, but I'd keep a close eye on the size of it. It's possible he just bit it and it swelled up a bit shouldn't be a huge deal. If he is eating normally that's a good sign. If it starts to get larger or starts to affect his eating, then I'd have a vet check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom