How long/often should bearded sleep outside of cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my beardie likes to run around my office while I am working. Sometimes he finds a dark corner and takes a nap during the day as well. My question is if I should not allow him long naps during the day away from his UVB? I have a basking spot set up for him and he often hangs out under it but other times he finds a dark area and goes to sleep. He would sleep there all day if I let him honestly and I usually end up just putting him back in his cage after an hour or so. Is there any problem just letting him sleep? He didn't just have a big meal or anything so I don't think he'll have any digestive trouble.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I usually just let my guy sleep when he finds a cozy corner. He'll go back in his enclosure overnight and get plenty of basking time in the mornings. I also have some basking spots set up around the house so he returns to them to warm up/bask when he wants to. As long as your house is at a reasonable temperature (60s/70s+) then I wouldn't worry. I haven't seen any negative effects from letting them bunker down for a nap like that when they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom