Tail Concerns

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Tail Concerns

Postby JordanNM730 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:16 am

So this is Drogon’s tail. I think I’m overreacting but I don’t mind overreacting if it helps her health. The back half of her tail has been dark lately and when she’s basking it doesn’t get lighter with the rest of her body. It’s only been doing this for a few days but I just wanted to know if anyone has any clues as to what (if anything) is happening. I know it doesn’t look much darker in this picture and it normally is a tad darker than her body but my concern now is that it’s not changing color with the rest of her body. Maybe she needs to shed? But I haven’t seen the change in color that looks like shed. She also hasn’t had any falls or anything that might injure her tail.Let me know what you think, thanks![Click image to enlarge]
JordanNM730
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Tail Concerns

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:37 am

That's pretty common. It looks healthy to me. No signs of damage so I wouldn't be concerned. It's possible that the tail may start to shed soon, but not necessarily.
CooperDragon

Postby JordanNM730 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:40 am

CooperDragon wrote:That's pretty common. It looks healthy to me. No signs of damage so I wouldn't be concerned. It's possible that the tail may start to shed soon, but not necessarily.

Thanks! I’m just going to keep an eye on it.
JordanNM730
Newbie Poster

Postby RastaDragon » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:54 am

hi,
glad to find this post - pretty much the same thing is happening with Boggle, the end 2-3 inches of his tail is noticeably darker which when first noticed i figured would be a shed starting but that hasn't happened.
i was starting to have the same worry as OP but this has put my mind to rest a little.

RD
RastaDragon
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health