Skin issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiemom88

My daughters friend had to get rid of her beardie so of course I welcomed him/her. I was given his tank and everything he's been used to. I only replaced his lighting with appropriate lighting and fixtures. I already have 2 youngins so I know what they need. About 2 weeks of having him his head and neck is turning yellowish with a hint of other colors in there and his tail (which I was told was bitten off by another) is starting to have some blue looking scales as well as his left rear leg. I dont know if something is wrong with him or what the deal is. He was not in great shape when he got here but he poops good and eats good. Can someone check these pics out please? :study:
109435-6764169116.jpg
109435-1868541055.jpg
109435-6111472202.jpg
109435-4468194395.jpg
109435-2132827230.jpg
109435-6169681591.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
To me it looks like a fungus-- we need AHBD or Tracie or both of them to look at this-- what did you upgrade is lighting to ?
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That does look like shedding scales. I don't see cause for concern. It isn't likely to require intervention so I'd just wait and watch for those scales/patches to start to dry and break free eventually.

beardiemom88

Original Poster
CooperDragon":bubzeiiz said:
That does look like shedding scales. I don't see cause for concern. It isn't likely to require intervention so I'd just wait and watch for those scales/patches to start to dry and break free eventually.

It's def shed. He is shedding like crazy now thanks!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom