Tail Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is Drogon’s tail. I think I’m overreacting but I don’t mind overreacting if it helps her health. The back half of her tail has been dark lately and when she’s basking it doesn’t get lighter with the rest of her body. It’s only been doing this for a few days but I just wanted to know if anyone has any clues as to what (if anything) is happening. I know it doesn’t look much darker in this picture and it normally is a tad darker than her body but my concern now is that it’s not changing color with the rest of her body. Maybe she needs to shed? But I haven’t seen the change in color that looks like shed. She also hasn’t had any falls or anything that might injure her tail.Let me know what you think, thanks!
105659-6941240099.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's pretty common. It looks healthy to me. No signs of damage so I wouldn't be concerned. It's possible that the tail may start to shed soon, but not necessarily.

JordanNM730

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3p1sb0k9 said:
That's pretty common. It looks healthy to me. No signs of damage so I wouldn't be concerned. It's possible that the tail may start to shed soon, but not necessarily.
Thanks! I’m just going to keep an eye on it.

RastaDragon

hi,
glad to find this post - pretty much the same thing is happening with Boggle, the end 2-3 inches of his tail is noticeably darker which when first noticed i figured would be a shed starting but that hasn't happened.
i was starting to have the same worry as OP but this has put my mind to rest a little.

RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom