Slimy poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poodlin

[Hi all
I have my bearded dragon for about 2.5 month it has been doing good it has been eating tons of crickets and some veggies. A couple of days ago he was being earthed lazy or lethargic and would not hardly move or eat. He has been hiding for the past day also. He did finally come from his hiding spot at about 6am this morning, since then he has been eating really well. The only crickets the pet store had are the adult crickets. Which he ate with no problem. He just poop kopeck after getting a hotter bulb today. Right now his basking spot is a little over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. His cool side is about 80-85. He pooped and it looks slimy. Is this normal? It is the first time it has looked like this. Is this normal, or could it be worms? I have worm medicine to sprinkle on his veggies but don’t know how much to use. Also would it hurt to give him a little bit to keep from getting worms?
Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes it looks slimy like that. I don't think it's cause for concern, especially if it's just one or twice. I would avoid offering any medication at this point. Do make sure the bugs are well hydrated on fresh veges and perhaps offer some drops of water on his nose to lick up if he is thirsty. It sounds like he is OK to me.

Poodlin

Original Poster
Here is a picture of his poop today. It was a soft poop and a blue or green in color. After I saw something that looked like a little white maggot in it I cut it open to finish seeing what it was it was nothing, but the poop did stink once it got cut open. Oh the poop did have pieces of undigested crickets. What does this mean also? His food was to big? I also fed him some bearded dragon pellets last night also. Could it be the undigested crickets that made his poop stink?
109398-8594294665.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Crickets tend to make their poop stink a bit more. That looks well formed and healthy though.

Poodlin

Original Poster
Thanks. What about the undigested crickets? His food was to big? Oh his heat light quit working 2 days ago and he ate like 7 adult crickets. Could this be why there were undigested crickets in it? I finally did get another new heat bulb yesterday and now his cage is above 100 degree Fahrenheit. He gets a bath 3-4 times a week. Oh and he does have some wrinkles. Is this normal? I will try to get a picture of the wrinkles tomorrow if I need to add one.

Poodlin

Original Poster
I forgot to mention this. He recently started hiding a lot. He has never done this before. He mostly hides at bedtime now and Thursday he was hiding almost all day is it normal for him to hide like this? I have gotten attached to the little guy/girl and don’t want it kicking the bucket on me. The lady at the petstore told me it could mean he has worms/parasites? Is there an easy way to check for this? The nearest vet is almost 2 hours away.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom