Can chopped up larger feeders cause an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoA

Hi,

My beardie as an addiction to dubia roaches. With smaller dubias, he'd happily go through 20 in one sitting. That however adds up to a significant cost each meal.

Something I've noticed today is that he is willing to eat larger dubia roaches that have been chopped into an appropriate size (usually halves or thirds).

Is this an acceptable solution to saving money? the larger ones, fed in this way, work out to be significantly better price wise.

Edit: I do make sure he has a varied diet, it's just that he loves dubias more than anything else. (common problem?)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how big is your dragon ? It would be O.K. for a large juvenile and up but for a little guy it would be risky depending on the size of the dubia because of the hard shell/body.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
I would think it would be fine. I feed my toads chopped up insects when its too big for them. I also do it with my goldfish. Will it be effective or not idk.i used to go through like 12 small crickets a week for each of my baby grey tree frogs. Now i have started feeding them less crickets but there larger. Each frog gets anywhere from 3 to 4 large crickets a week and its much cheaper. I bet it would work for a bd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom