Possible impaction? Still pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyVgee

Hello! My name is Ashley and my dragons name is Gurt! I recently got him from petco (first time not getting a reptile from a legit breeder) but he seemed healthy and I could not leave without him. He’s approx 2 months old? (About 8 inches) and a really good eater. Last weekend I went to repticon and bought some discoid roaches and he loved them so much it seemed he started rejecting all his other insects. So I went out and got him more but then he refused to eat those. His energy level only slightly dropped but he started only pooping urates. Now he’s eating (not as much as normal) and pooping light brown mucusy BMs, I had one or two with a hint of blood and he seems like he’s is trying to Poo something big out. This was all over the course of the past 4-5 days but I haven’t taken him to a reptile vet yet because he’s still acting normal, eating, drinking, and passing loose stool. Has anyone had this? And could it be impaction even though he is still pooping? Thanks!

Edit*** he is in almost full body shed (idk if that changes anything!)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are the basking temps and how are you taking them ? His UVB brand and bulb coil or tube and where in the tank is ?
As long as hes pooping hes not impacted - the dark poop is it runny? Are you sure its blood and not something red he has eaten? Have you tried a nice warm bath? Sometimes that will get them to go
since you just got him hes going to go thru relocation stress so he may not eat as much for the next few days since he ate so many roaches - the size of the roaches can you post a pic of him and the roach
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

AshleyVgee

Original Poster
His basking temp is at 98-100 depending on how the weather is, he has a brand new uvb tube that runes the length of his cage. Haven’t fed him anything red in the almost month we have had him and I am 100% it’s blood. He never showed any signs of relocation stress always ate really good up until now. Below I have some pictures
109330-9232396287.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is the UVB a T 5 or T 8 and is it on top of screen or inside the tank? Shedding can slow their eating- I would watch his poops and see if he continues w/ the blood- post again w/ more pics
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom