Weird poop?? Is it bloody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new young beardie Jessie is sick with what I’m speculating to be some kind of respiratory infection (vet appointment is on Saturday). I do live where it’s very humid so I guess this was a given. But I just saw some fresh poop today and I’m wondering what this is exactly??

109252-3682357525.jpg

Here’s a recent picture of him

109252-3525404558.jpg

He has been eating a lot of veggies/fruit lately so I’m assuming it looks weird (unless this is normal and I’m just being paranoid) because he’s supposed to be eating more bugs. Probably like 2 days ago I made him a smoothie with some strawberry, blueberry, basil, and a tiny bit of honey to try and get him some vitamins because he hadn’t been eating (fed him with a syringe). I stopped today because I didn’t want to overload his system, but I don’t want to exactly starve him. I guess I should’ve thought about putting some crickets in there too but I read somewhere not to do that :/
I’m also unsure how to make him eat his bugs because he’s so small. I can’t exactly fit a small cricket in his mouth without him making an effort to chew on it, which he mostly isn’t (he doesn’t like when I try and put it in his mouth). I’m very sure he has eaten crickets before he got sick too, so I know he’s not just being stubborn. On top of this, he is shedding. So I’m really having a hard time differentiating the symptoms of shedding and being sick (mostly loss of appetite).

I’m unsure how old he is, but he’s probably 4 - 5 months if I were to make a random guess.
His tank is very small (temporary placement), but he’s about to get a permanent set-up here soon.
His heating bulb is a 50watt and the heating side is usually in the upper 90s. Cool side can be anywhere from 75 - 85.
UVB is a coil bulb, but will be getting a tube when his tank is bigger.

I definitely wouldn’t describe him as lethargic because he is still alert and moving around. He’s just having some breathing problems and was very mucusy at the start of this week, but I haven’t seen any mucus in a very long time which I hope is a good thing. I’ve been spritzing him for hydration instead of baths because I don’t want to make him worse.
My biggest concern with his poop though is I’m wondering if that looks bloody?? There wasn’t any liquid around it at all.Is it just extra dark because of his currently unstable diet?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the poo looks O.K. , sorry your baby is sick + I hope the vet can help him ASAP. He looks about the size of a 2 month old BTW.

JessiesGirl

Original Poster
AHBD":1xpexxsa said:
Hi there, the poo looks O.K. , sorry your baby is sick + I hope the vet can help him ASAP. He looks about the size of a 2 month old BTW.

He's okay! I took him to the vet and there's nothing wrong with him haha. He just wasn't eating for some reason. But now he's climbing all over the place and eating bugs and fruits whenever he can! I still can't really figure out why he wasn't eating. Maybe he was stressed or stubborn or something. Or maybe my lamps just suck lol. Thanks for giving me the ok on his poop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom