Beardie not eating or pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a newbie, and I'm very concerned! my boy Toothless is a juvenile, 6-7 inches. he was eating fine in monday when I brought him home, and yesterday he ate about 10 crickets. But he hasn't pooped since getting home, and he spends almost all day in his basking spot. I gave him his first bath this morning, about ten minutes, but he did not poop in there either. he also wouldn't eat any crickets this morning. Is he just stressed from the move? he seems very alert, he moves his head when things happen around him, but he won't move from his basking spot. I gave him fresh salads this morning and yesterday morning, but he hasn't touched them, not even the mealworms I put on top. his temps are around 95-100 on the warm side 78-82 on the cool side, is this too cold? I have a better basking lamp coming in the mail, but it won't be here until tomorrow. somebody please help!

EDIT: HE POOPED! I was worried he had some sort of impactation but he finally pooped :D He also ate one cricket when I set it down in front of him. still prefers to stay in his basking spot, but i think when I get the new lamp for him he may move around more :)

Toothlessbeard":2ot4cq57 said:
I'm a newbie, and I'm very concerned! my boy Toothless is a juvenile, 6-7 inches. he was eating fine in monday when I brought him home, and yesterday he ate about 10 crickets. But he hasn't pooped since getting home, and he spends almost all day in his basking spot. I gave him his first bath this morning, about ten minutes, but he did not poop in there either. he also wouldn't eat any crickets this morning. Is he just stressed from the move? he seems very alert, he moves his head when things happen around him, but he won't move from his basking spot. I gave him fresh salads this morning and yesterday morning, but he hasn't touched them, not even the mealworms I put on top. his temps are around 95-100 on the warm side 78-82 on the cool side, is this too cold? I have a better basking lamp coming in the mail, but it won't be here until tomorrow. somebody please help!

EDIT: HE POOPED! I was worried he had some sort of impactation but he finally pooped :D He also ate one cricket when I set it down in front of him. still prefers to stay in his basking spot, but i think when I get the new lamp for him he may move around more :)
I'm glad that she pooped but if you don't know mealworms cause impaction for babies or juveniles, but they're fine for adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom