6 month old no appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
My girl Charlie hasn't been eating too well, before she was a monster of an eater ! I took her to the vet three weeks ago and she was ++for worms and coccidia (She had notoriously smelly poop since i got her). She finished her deworming and meds about a week ago and was cleared for any parasites after a fecal recheck a few days ago.. But she's still not eating, aside from when i pop a few BSFL in her mouth when she basks

I'll post some photos of my girl and her setup

Basking: Phillips halogen floodlight from Bunnings
UVB: Reptile one 10.0 UVB T8 w/diy reflector 24" inside the tank, about 10 inches from her basking spot. (The tube is exposed the shiny plastic there is just part of the foil hanging down for the temporary reflector I made until my clip on comes in the mail xD)
Other: arcadia 50w deep heat projector for cold nights only

Ambient temp: roughly 80-85 (cool end to warm end)
Basking temp: 100-110 depending on where she sits on the platform
9TLkuxI.jpg

burCtl5.jpg

cUb8O0c.jpg

Her poop recently after treatment:
EW0Ep8o.jpg

Seems pretty normal I suppose ?

Some other things I should mention:
1. I moved house a week ago, it was definitely a stressful move for her
2. I renovated her enclosure recently
3. It's winter here in Australia

I'm not sure if I need to be concerned as there is a lot of factors that could be why shes not ready to eat yet, but i was hoping maybe i could get opinions on juvies being off food for 2-3 weeks at a time? I've been giving her baby food in a syringe with her supplements and popping BSFL or silkworms in her mouth occasionally while she basks.. But should her lack of appetite be cause for worry? Her behaviour otherwise... Seems fairly normal ! Thanks for your advice :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is a pretty girl! Which dewormer did she have?
The tank setup should be fine, the long Reptile One 10 tube bulb seems to be ok, but I have never had the
opportunity of testing it with a UVB meter being here in the US.
Medications definitely affect their appetites most of the time. You could consider getting a probiotic for her to
help replenish her gut flora after her meds. You could get non dairy soy yogurt or non dairy acidophiliz to help
her out. Also, brewer's yeast or black strap molasses in small amounts can help stimulate the appetite, too.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Drache613":2lzbxr22 said:
Hello,

She is a pretty girl! Which dewormer did she have?
The tank setup should be fine, the long Reptile One 10 tube bulb seems to be ok, but I have never had the
opportunity of testing it with a UVB meter being here in the US.
Medications definitely affect their appetites most of the time. You could consider getting a probiotic for her to
help replenish her gut flora after her meds. You could get non dairy soy yogurt or non dairy acidophiliz to help
her out. Also, brewer's yeast or black strap molasses in small amounts can help stimulate the appetite, too.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

I'll try the yoghurt, it did wonders for Taro. I've never heard of black strap molasses or brewers yeast, where would I find those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom