Supplement amounts/type

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone. Currently my bearded dragon is about 13 inches, and I've had him for about 3.5 months. I'm not sure of his exact age, but I was researching whether or not he's ready to start getting a different amount of supplements. Right now I'm giving him RepCal calcium with d3 5 times a week on his daily dubia roach meal, along with Flukers multivit. 2 times a week, also with his daily roach meal. If he is an estimate of 6ish months is it time to move on to smaller doses? I also read about how Vitamin A is bad and shouldn't be used, so should I change the Flukers one since it contains it? Feel free to ask any other questions about my setup/husbandry.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is recommended Vit have the Beta Carotene- -- people feed their dragons carrots so this is the reason I am thinking plus they can feed their insects carrots as well -- I do so I do not feed my dragons carrots and I do give the Vit w/ the beta carotene as well
Karrie

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The thing is the Flukers supplement has Beta Cerotine, but I read that the amount of vit A it has should be smaller. Here's the ingredients list:
108150-961549431.jpg
Does that look good or do I need to get a different type of multi vit? Also I read that you should have a calcium with d3 and without d3, both given different amounts of times per week, is this true?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes and no- I have a high output UVB it is at the moment a 14% bulb that is about to change-- so for the past year I have been giving blaze both the without D3 you want no phosphorus and the D3 2 days per week and the without 3 days per week-- my 14% bulb is an Arcadia w/ D3 so that was why- I am going to a regular Reptisun bulb now so I will probably just keep on the same schedule-- I think Tracie or ahbd needs to answer your question about the vitamin s
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom