Unusual color on poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mollysn28

103063-5939905038.jpg
Hello. My beardie is about 18 months old and usually he poops normal. Its been hard lately to find super worms and dubias in the stores. So i have been giving him Can O Crickets, as a bug source, since he is not fond of live crickets. They scare him. Lol. Anyway, he hardly chews the crickets. He chews maybe once or twice, then swallows. When he poops, i can clearly make out the exact shape of a cricket. He doesnt do that with worms or dubias, so i just dont know. And lately he's been very picky about his greens too. He usually does very well with mustard greens. And i cut up carrots and celery. So today he poops out a cricket with a white part at the end, like usual. Only today, there was an orange blob in the middle of the stool. I have picture.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder --please no more celery its not a staple feeder
Please no more canned food -- here are some websites for live insects
www.dubiaroaches.com great roaches they are currently not shipping but worms are good and I get my roaches from here
www.reptilianarts.com great silk worms they are currently out but have roaches if you order from here I order in bulk like 50 they come small make sure you order food too you will need to feed daily and clean containers out as well great super worms silk worms are a good staple feeder
www.coastalsilkworms they have small in now I dont know if they come w/ food I cant remember
www.xyzreptiles.com they are out of Palmetto Bay Fl they send Fed Ex 2-3 day delivery - they come w/ food
www.reptilesupplyco.com/
www.mulberryfarms.com
www.joshsfrogs.com
What are his basking temps and how are you taking them?
Karrie

Mollysn28

Original Poster
Thanks Kerri. No more cans. Got it.
His basking temp is about 100. It's a thermometer in his terrarium. I know I need to buy a digital one. Gonna do that today. So do you know what that orange in his poop might mean in the picturec above?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like part of a undigested cricket--- if hes eating them really fast and not completely chewing them up thats the way it came out- a lot of times dragons will inhale BSFL so fast that they come out whole undigested from them eating them so fast -- I wouldnt worry about it unless this continues -- just keep an eye on his poop and get him so good live insects --
Karrie

Mollysn28

Original Poster
Thank you so much. Yes you can clearly see the shape of a cricket. Lol. I was just concerned with that orange part. But thank you again. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom