How do I prevent gout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I see a lot of gout cases on here, and it makes me sad thinking about how common it is, so I was wondering how I can prevent it so Mari doesn’t have to ever deal with it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Too much protein--- they need balance of veggies/ worms/ and insects-- you can also feed a lower protein insect like silk worms-- cutting back on the dubia roaches and crickets -- silk worms are another staple feeder --
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I've been wondering this too.
I got dubias because they're supposed to be more nutritious than crickets, but it seems like crickets don't carry as much risk of them getting gout. ??‍♀️
I think there must be something more to it than just insects??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Crickets tend to give parasites- so it's one over the other- silk worms are good but you can balance between the 3- I have opted not to feed crickets- hiccup never liked them anyway- I never tried blaze on them - he's a roach boy along w/ silkies
Karr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom